Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spinach & Fruit Smoothie

A lady I used to go to church with in Searcy shared this smoothie recipe, and it is wonderful! The name of it doesn't sound too good, but don't let it fool you!! This is a great way to get some good nutrients in you and your kids ... and no one has to know!

1. Fill blender a little under 1/2 full with spinach (or kale).

2. Add frozen berries. I used a strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry mix that was really good! She also suggested a peach and mango mixture ... I'm going to try that next!

3. One banana, sliced

4. Couple dollops of yogurt (She suggested Greek, but I could not find any, so I used regular fat free vanilla yogurt).

5. Orange Juice (to help it mix well)

Mix up and enjoy!! =) Makes 2 large smoothies.

I think Jeff was doubting it would be any good when he saw me put the spinach in, but once he tasted it, he changed his mind! Lydia even had some and asked for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment